My Project


I will be interning at Habitat for Humanity helping to develop a stronger youth outreach program. Although many younger kids want to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity, there is little that they can do when it comes to building and volunteering. Participants must be at least 15 years old to volunteer at the Restore, raising money selling donated home improvement goods, and at least 16 to volunteer to help build houses. With this project I seek the best ways to engage people under 15 and hope to see if this has a positive impact on the organization as a whole. Complete details about my project can be found in my proposal, which is linked on the side of the Home page.

4 comments:

  1. Which age group are you planning to target?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The youth program is focusing on finding more activities for volunteers who are under 15, as well as making the outreach more organized for all ages.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sarah. My name is Lauren Dominiak, and I am very interested in the project you plan to do over the next few months. I believe it is very important for younger kids to be able to participate in charity work as well as adults. However, I was wondering what you had in mind for the younger kids, say ten years old, to do for these organizations like Habitat for Humanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren! For younger kids we're hoping to couple activities like crosswords, or birdhouse making, or cabinet painting, with presentations that emphasize the importance of affordable housing in an advocacy effort.

      Delete

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com